Bruce & the E Street Band returned to MetLife Stadium last night for the second night of their three-show run in East Rutherford, NJ. With 33 songs performed, the concert clocked in at a whopping 3 hours and 59 minutes, breaking the record for longest US Springsteen show set just two days earlier on August 23. See photos from the record-breaking night by Dan Szpakowski here!
#TheRiverTour is back in the US! What an unforgettable night in New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium last night. Thanks to everyone who came out and stayed for the nearly 4 hour long set! It was officially Bruce and the E Street Band’s longest American show ever. Here’s some photos from the show courtesy of Brandon Todd. Click MORE below to see the full set list.
‘Chapter and Verse,’ the audio companion to Bruce Springsteen’s extraordinary forthcoming autobiography, will be released Sept. 23 on Columbia Records. The career-spanning compilation will be released four days before Simon & Schuster publishes ‘Born to Run.’ Five of the album’s 18 tracks have not been previously released.
Springsteen selected the songs on ‘Chapter and Verse’ to reflect the themes and sections of ‘Born to Run.’ The compilation begins with two tracks from The Castiles, featuring a teenaged Springsteen on guitar and vocals, and ends with the title track from 2012’s ‘Wrecking Ball.’ The collected songs trace Springsteen’s musical history from its earliest days, telling a story that parallels the one in the book.
Recordings from Steel Mill and The Bruce Springsteen Band feature musicians who would go on to play in The E Street Band. Solo demos of “Henry Boy” and “Growin’ Up” were cut in 1972 shortly before Springsteen began recording his debut album, ‘Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.’
‘Chapter and Verse’ will be available as a single CD and double LP, as well as via digital download and streaming. The package will include lyrics and rare photos. ‘Chapter & Verse’ is available to pre-order now.
‘Chapter and Verse’ song titles:
1. Baby I — The Castiles (recorded May 2, 1966, at Mr. Music, Bricktown, NJ; written by Bruce Springsteen and George Theiss; previously unreleased)
2. You Can’t Judge a Book by the Cover — The Castiles (recorded Sept. 16, 1967, at The Left Foot, Freehold, NJ; written by Willie Dixon; previously unreleased)
3. He’s Guilty (The Judge Song) — Steel Mill (recorded Feb. 22, 1970, at Pacific Recording Studio, San Mateo, CA; previously unreleased)
4. Ballad of Jesse James — The Bruce Springsteen Band (recorded March 14, 1972, at Challenger Eastern Surfboards, Highland, NJ; previously unreleased)
5. Henry Boy (recorded June 1972, at Mediasound Studios, New York, NY; previously unreleased)
6. Growin’ Up (recorded May 3, 1972, at Columbia Records Recordings Studios, New York, NY; previously appeared on ‘Tracks’)
7. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) (1973, ‘The Wild, The Innocent & the E Street Shuffle’)
8. Born to Run (1975, ‘Born to Run’)
9. Badlands (1977, ‘Darkness on the Edge of Town’)
10. The River (1980, ‘The River’)
11. My Father’s House (1982, ‘Nebraska’)
12. Born in the U.S.A. (1984, ‘Born in the U.S.A.’)
13. Brilliant Disguise (1987, ‘Tunnel of Love’)
14. Living Proof (1992, ‘Lucky Town’)
15. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995, ‘The Ghost of Tom Joad’)
16. The Rising (2002, ‘The Rising’)
17. Long Time Comin’ (2005, ‘Devils & Dust’)
18. Wrecking Ball (2012, ‘Wrecking Ball’)
All songs written and performed by Bruce Springsteen except as noted.
Springsteen’s gripping 500-page autobiography, ‘Born to Run,’ will be released internationally Sept. 27, published in hardcover, e-book, and audio editions by Simon & Schuster in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and India, as well as other publishers around the world. Springsteen has been privately writing the autobiography over the past seven years. He began work in 2009, after performing with the E Street Band at the Super Bowl’s halftime show. ‘Born To Run’ is available for pre-order here.
Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are currently on tour in Europe and will return to the U.S. for a string of dates beginning Aug. 23 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, and ending Sept. 14 at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA.
Bruce and the E Street Band had such a great time on the European leg of The River Tour! Thanks to everyone who came out to a show. The River Tour heads to the U.S. next week. Click HERE to get tickets and let us know if we’ll be seeing you on the road!
Thinking about the crowd in The Hague last night… We had so much fun! Thanks for that!! #TheRiverTourTheHague
— Jake Clemons (@jakeclemons) June 15, 2016
Sharing this brilliant music, with this amazing group of musicians. https://t.co/pA7LjVMK1V
— Nils Lofgren (@nilslofgren) July 26, 2016
What can I say? It gets lonely in Ireland! https://t.co/6W3oUpNQ2R
— Stevie Van Zandt (@StevieVanZandt) July 30, 2016
— Jake Clemons (@jakeclemons) May 30, 2016
2 nights in San Siro can also be like a lifetime of dreams! Still hard to believe it was all real. Crazy hot! Crazy fun! #TheRiverTourMilan
— Jake Clemons (@jakeclemons) July 7, 2016
— Nils Lofgren (@nilslofgren) July 30, 2016