New album ‘High Hopes’ coming January 14
Bruce Springsteen will release a new album, titled High Hopes, on January 14th. The album is available for pre-order now at smarturl.it/highhopes, and the music video for the title track can be seen now at brucespringsteen.net.
High Hopes finds Bruce in a number of different musical settings, and includes the members of the E Street Band as well as guitarist Tom Morello and many additional players. Recorded in New Jersey, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Australia and New York City, High Hopes marks Bruce's 18th studio album and includes his own liner notes that detail the album's evolution, viewable now at brucespringsteen.net.
Morello joined Bruce and the E Street Band on tour in Australia in March 2013 (sitting in for Steve Van Zandt), and became, as Bruce says, "my muse, pushing the rest of this project to another level." Besides his guitar playing on the album, Morello also duets with Bruce on "The Ghost of Tom Joad." Clarence Clemons, who passed away in 2011, and Danny Federici, who passed away in 2008, also appear on several songs of what Springsteen calls "some of our best unreleased material from the past decade."
To celebrate the album's announcement, director Thom Zimny built a collage featuring photos from Danny Clinch, Australian tour footage featuring Tom Morello shot by Chris Hilson, and vintage documentary footage set to the title song. Click here to watch the video now.
High Hopes tracklisting:
- 1. High Hopes (Tim Scott McConnell) - featuring Tom Morello
- 2. Harry's Place * - featuring Tom Morello
- 3. American Skin (41 Shots) - featuring Tom Morello
- 4. Just Like Fire Would (Chris J. Bailey) - featuring Tom Morello
- 5. Down In The Hole *
- 6. Heaven's Wall ** - featuring Tom Morello
- 7. Frankie Fell In Love
- 8. This Is Your Sword
- 9. Hunter Of Invisible Game * - featuring Tom Morello
- 10. The Ghost of Tom Joad - duet with Tom Morello
- 11. The Wall
- 12. Dream Baby Dream (Martin Rev and Alan Vega) - featuring Tom Morello
All songs written by Bruce Springsteen except as noted
Album produced by Ron Aniello with Bruce Springsteen
*Produced by Brendan O'Brien
**Produced by Brendan O'Brien, co-produced by Ron Aniello with Bruce Springsteen